October 1, 2007

It's time to do the Buddy Walk

Part of Will's Team from Buddy Walk 2006.

It's time again for the Buddy Walk. This Sunday, October 7, I'll be walking around Lake Quannapowitt in Wakefield to help raise awareness for Down syndrome, and help support my cousin Will and his team.

The Buddy Walk began 12 years ago to promote acceptance and inclusion of people with Down syndrome and to celebrate National Down Syndrome Awareness Month (October). This will be the 3rd year that Will's Team will be participating.

The local Buddy Walk is organized by the Massachusetts Down Syndrome Congress. The MDSC mission is "to enhance on a continuous basis the lives of individuals with Down syndrome through the education and support of people with Down syndrome, their families, their friends, their teachers, and the community as a whole." The MDSC has been a big help to my cousin Will and his family.

The Buddy Walk raises public awareness about Down syndrome and it is also MDSC's biggest fundraiser. If you would like to learn more or make a donation, you can visit my personal Buddy Walk page by clicking
HERE.


Will getting ready for Buddy Walk 2006

Here I am at last year's Walk in my frog hat. Technically I was at Buddy Walk 2005 also, but I was in my Mommy's tummy.

Starting the Buddy Walk 2006

No comments: